For Immediate Release
17th October, 2023
FEC REFERS ODODODIODIO PARLIAMENTARY PRIMARY DISTURBANCES TO SPECIAL COMMITTEE.
At its regular meeting on Tuesday, 17th October, 2023, the Functional Executive Committee (FEC) of the NDC discussed the unfortunate incident that occurred at its Greater Accra Regional Office during the vetting of aspirants for the Odododiodio Constituency parliamentary primary of the party.
After extensive deliberations, FEC referred the violence that occurred and an appeal process that has been filed in respect of the eligibility of one of the aspirants, to a Special Committee to investigate and make appropriate recommendations.
The Special Committee comprises of;
- Rt. Hon. Edward Doe Adjaho- Former Speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Ghana
- Dr. Samuel Sarpong- National Vice Chairman, NDC
- Mr. George Loh- Deputy, Director Legal, NDC
- Obuobia Darko-Opoku- Deputy Director of Communications, NDC
- Hon. Peter Lanchene Toobu- MP for Wa West Constituency
In the meantime, all processes relative to the party’s parliamentary primary in the Odododiodio Constituency have been put on hold pending the outcome of investigations by the Special Committee.
Hon. Fifi Fiavi Kwetey